Woah the turnout was huge even though it rained the whole afternoon. We trooped down to the Padang as a team of 12 in our spiffy black Adidas tee after our briefing at HQ.

We were kindda blanket-ed by other teams as most of them were in huge numbers - heard a certain team from a prestigious firm had actually 700+ runners.. that's like 3 times my COMPANY size can..
Long before the actual day we were all like aiya nevermind, we'll just go walk it out. In the end, once the 'GO!' was given, we couldn't even see each other anymore. Btw by the time I actually ran past the starting line, it was about 3 minutes already coz we were quite far back and gotta wait for the thousands infront to move b4 we can start our engines. Ran with the company of my mp3 player instead.. some runners were so damn fast, they were on the way back when I was just reaching the 1km mark. The running lane was super squeezy and some irritating people especially those with arms full of bushy wired hair would simply brush against you as their form of 'excuse me'. My shoe laces kept untying themselves too.
Once the adrenaline started pumping, I couldn't stop haha...In the end, I finished the whole course non-stop with 44.59minutes. Quite an achievement and I'm damn proud of myself! We gathered at the super muddy and squishy Padang again and our shoes AND shocks were simply soaked man... Yucks! Managed to catch Xin for a while then went off...
Overall, it was quite a great experience and I'll definitely join again if there's a chance! =p
1 comment:
Hey Min, I tried to look for u leh but reli too many ppl le and if i stop then I would be 'road hogging' liao. Anyway we shld b reli proud of ourselves for doing it and have done our best! So see u in JPMCCC 08' ya!
StaRz
Post a Comment