Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wake Me Up (Not Just) When September Ends..

I have a very bad habit of 赖床-ing. Alarm went off once, Snooze many many times. It's especially difficult to wake up on work days (of course). It's worse when my friend Insomia is always around for me. But I admit at times lethargy is not the main culprit but reluctance is. Good thing is I do not need my mum or whoever to scream at me coz I will still drag myself up eventually.

I need wake up calls for other matters though. Well, we all do. Be it an incident, a story or simply upon a tell-off, a scolding, a heart-to-heart chat or a gentle reminder - Mirrors what I've done wrong, where and what requires improvement, how I feel/think/should have handled certain issues/matters/people. Unfortunately, more often than not, people only jolt awake when the bad scenarios occur. At the end of the day, I guess what really matters is not your regrets or 遗憾, afterall what is done cannot be undone, but what you learn from it and put it into practice and not repeat the same mistakes again.

I do hear what you say. Thing is, like I said, I can't see myself all the time. While I might have reasons for doing what I did and I might not be wrong at times, or there might even be times where situations call for my actions, I will still listen and rationalise. After the wake up call, give me time to get up. How long I need, I can't tell and it depends on your expectations too.. but I assure you I will do it. At the end of the day, all I want is very much for all to be happy and well.

This pic is cute. Looks like my someone. =)

p.s. Wake Me Up When September Ends is a song by Green Day, just in case.

1 comment: