24 July:
London Day 1 is coming to an end soon.. now the local time is 8.15pm (London is 7 hours behind SG) but the it is still as bright as machiam 6pm in SG..
Took the 13hr flight from SG-London Heathrow last nite. Walau, heng I checked in at the airport early, near 10pm. I couldn't check in online coz it's a co-share flight (I bought BA tix but the flight I was on was Qantas operated). I was told at the counter that my flight was delayed till duno wat time and so they'll put me in for the earlier flight at 11.05pm, which means I have to go in immediately. There goes my dinner with my mum. So chop chop checked in luggage and off I went.
I was given the centre aisle row which was a 4-seater and mine was the 2nd from the right. 3 ang moh guys took the rest of the seats. None of them was cute. The 2 on the left were young boys while the one on my right dun seem to speak English and was kindda grumpy. Food was ok, watched Sunshine Cleaning (nice show) and bits of 'He just not into you' (though I've watched it before).. I did sleep but it was quite fitful as I would wake up whenever either side moved.
Landed at T4, the whole place was undergoing 'upgrading' and everywhere was construction. Looked kindda rundown. Then came the fucked up customs. I was served by this non-chinese/muslim/eurasian/angmoh guy who basically went all out to terkan (not sure how to spell) me. Passed him the white card which I did not fill up the address coz I did not know what it was. He returned to me pointed at that field and asked why I did not fill it up and do I understand what it meant by 'FULL' address. Our 'conversation' continues below:
Me: Oh, I'm gonna stay with my bf's cousin whom I've never met before. Could I call her now to ask?
F.U.C.O: You should have asked before coming and filled this up.
M: I wasn't aware I have to fill this up and I couldn't call from the plane.
F: Look, you are a visitor. You have to abide by our rules, you know that? You want me to detain you or send you back to Singapore?
M: Like I said, I didnt' know. Could I call her now?
F: No. You should have found out about it before you came. Where is your boyfriend? Now the question is why isn't he here and why did you not come together?
*Walau, what has this got anything to do with him?! Then i explained and he asked many many other questions like what is the cousin doing here, how long already, what am I working as in SG, what company, how many credit cards and $$$ I brought, where am I going after London...
M: Zurich by plane.
F: Show me your ticket for the plane to Zurich
M: It's in my checked in luggage.
F: You should have brought it with you. You are really reaching my borderline. So you have no proof that you are leaving London for Zurich by plane.
*FOR WHAT??! Then again he threatened to detain me or send me back. Nabei the whole ordeal went on for 15-20mins. So finally when he's finished he still asked me again like i'm a kid - so, what do you have to do next time and what should you bring along with you. After he finally allowed me to pass, I went to collect my luggage. And I found it lying on the ground - everyone had collected theirs and left, and even the conveyor belt had stopped. What the fuck, anyone could have just took it and go! This is an experience I'm never gonna forget. With service like this, wana be top airport? PUI.
Bought tix and took the train to WoodGreen station to meet No.10's cousin. Whole journey took about 1hr and 15mins, reached about 7.30am local time. Then met her and we walked to her place. I have to keep telling myself I'm in London, coz it's just so unreal haha. Weather is pretty chilly and it rained on and off. Took a short nap and then we went for lunch - Chinese food, and then shopped a bit. Streets are hard and cold, many different types of people and shops around.
Time now is 8.40pm and the sky still didn't darkened a bit. Gona wait for No.10 at the station tomorrow morning and start our London tour. Should be hitting the bed soon. Still quite tired. Till then, cya!
3 comments:
haahaa...
If u want i can explain to u why they asked each of those questions...
mr anything
"3 ang moh guys took the rest of the seats. None of them was cute."
-LOL.
Mr Anything, I want to know. tell me!
I knew Mr Anything will have something to comment about my experience haha.. while he might have his reasons for asking me the questions, his attitude and treatment to me like dirt is really fucked up and uncalled for lor!
Post a Comment