Seriously, I totally went without knowing what to expect, except that it'll be a camping trip at an island where I never thought I will visit. Some of my friends actually went 'Pulau Hantu? Where or What's that?" when I told them about the trip... Did a little bit of research prior to the trip, and found out that it's actually managed by Sentosa and it's a fave diving spot for quite many Singaporean divers.
We set off on 31 Oct morning, and took a 30-minute ride from West Coast Ferry Terminal. We were the only living souls around when we reached the quiet island... The place was actually quite clean and clean toilets were available... other than the toilets and some huts around, there was absolutely nothing else. Well, except lotsa coconut trees. Set up our tents and everything; as No.10 and his friends had been there quite many times already, they are quite well-equipped - We even had a generator! It was used for a couple of fluorescent lights that they'd brought, coz the island was totally pitch-black at night... even the toilets. So we had to go shower and everywhere else at night using torches or electric lanterns.
Activities we did were basically fishing and swimming, or simply sitting around chatting... quite many marine species could be found there, including a beautiful Bat-Fish... they actually caught an optopus as well.. Our friend's parents and maid were with us, so Auntie took care of all our meals. The weather was fantastic in the day, but for both nights it rained pretty heavily, especially the 1st night. I didn't even sleep a wink all night... the rain and wind was so strong, I felt like our tentage will helicopter away any moment.. plus our tentage was kindda flooded... After that I thought it was still quite an experience for us girls - sleeping in the storm with just a thin layer of pvc flapping above our heads ha.. Had a camp fire on our last night and listened to ghost stories... how apt ha.
Overall, I think the whole trip had been an idyllically nice one... and I'm also nicely burnt -_-". I also felt that this was the 1st time I had a real camping experience, the last being sec 3 camp, which was so sheltered. And No, we did not have any weird encounters throughout the trip... or maybe we were just lucky this time? Heh...
Visit my facebook for more pix!
1 comment:
wah so nice...i also want a holiday!!
Post a Comment