Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rookie Bowler's Self-Mental Battle

Somehow I just can't play well when it comes to competitions, even with my team-mates who are all so pro. Happened during the games last year, during the selections early this year and it is still happening. Get so damn demoralised each time.

Every training session is about un-learning and re-learning, and after every session I play differently. Diff starting board, diff target point, diff arrows, etc. Correcting this, correcting that, then today, to my horror, I realised I've been throwing the ball wrongly all along. While I'm doing these corrections, my scores bungee-jumped along with my morale.

I jolly well knows that's the way it goes and I am glad that I'm given a chance to go through these training. Have to learn to play under pressure, incorporate the things I've learnt and to battle with my mental-self. This is what I like and I will cherish this opportunity to absorb as much as I can and improve.

What am I grumbling about? Dunno. Just need to vent it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm...maybe just try to enjoy the process...dun think of the results first..
when u are enjoying the process, results will be gd ..

wj

Anonymous said...

haha...

i have a "reverse" way of handling these situations. i will tell myself i suck! i am the worst in the lot. i am totally going to lose. and screw myself worthless.

first thing this does is its take away a lot of the pressure. there is no pressure if u expect yourself to be the last.

second thing is that i like to start from behind in a race, so every person i chase down is an achievement. i prefer to chase than be chased. so i dun have to keep looking over my shoulder.

not sure such methods will work for u not.

mr anything

ah 敏 said...

wahhh thanks Mr Anything! =)

Anonymous said...

Wah who's mr anything?! He's my idol sia! Talk with great sense and right to the point! Sorry Min, I can't talk that well, all I can say is JIA YOU! Keep believing in yourself! Gambatte ne!

StaRz