Wednesday, May 21, 2008

职业病

1 sleepy morning while waiting for train, I was listlessly reading the wordings on the poster which features a starlet holding a beverage when something caught my eye: "... dazzlting everyday." Got me awake instantly ha... got such a word meh? Reach office, checked, no such word. God... wat a big cockup... Today, I was at the same station in the same sleepy (if not, sleepier) state again, and saw that they've revised the copy to 'dazzling'.

Such a mistake is really horrendous... somemore so many posters and so big too. In the A&P field, 'everyone makes mistake' is totally unacceptable. Every single word, grammar, spelling, phrasing, etc counts, since it is published to the whole world to see. Damn stressed when I have to proof-read all my ads, website content, advertorials and even internal emails... Gotta read over and over again and irritatingly some errors just like to hide up... Doesn't help when I have bosseS who can't seem to differentiate between commerce and commence, apologies and apologizes, former and formal, weird sentence phrasing, and many more. Get the idea? Of coz, I made a few boo boos before too.. e.g. For my email subject title which I sent to all colleagues, I forgot to delete 'For your approval pls'. My colleague actually replied me 'Approved.' (-_-)" Another one was when I sent an email to all colleagues again, this time I forgot to delete the rest of the corresponding messages between me & my boss... heng nothing fiery in it! And heng its all internal emails too... but I was embarrassed enough man...

So, it's become my habit to mentally scan through and edit the copy of anything that I see/read. Applies for conversations too... so... too bad if i caught you lah hee...

No comments: