Monday, March 10, 2008

P.S. I Love You

Finally caught this show over the weekend... Heartwrenchingly sweet and witty.

Exec Summary: Holly (Hilary Swank) was robbed of her loving husband, Gerry (Gerard Butler), due to a brain illness. Hibernating herself in their love nest in grief, she was only able to begin snapping out of it after she received a surprise voice-recording and cake from Gerry himself on her 30th birthday, and subsequent letters from him. Each letter was meticulously planned to the tiniest details, creatively written and sent, while encouraging her to get herself together and move on... before his death. Gerry even planned for a trip to beautiful Ireland for Holly and her 2 best friends... As the title suggests, all letters ended with P.S. I Love You... (Am not gonna tell you the rest of the story! Hiak hiak)

Love this scene especially:



Holly was @ Ireland as planned by Gerry... She got another of his letter from his parents who were residing there. As she was reading it, Gerry was 'beside her', narrating the content and longing to be there physically with her...

A couple of surprises from the actors/actresses: Hilary Swank is prettier than I thought... love all her outfits in the show... Gerard Butler is HOT!! Now then I know he's actually King Leonidas in 300... **Sizzle sizzle**

The show's definitely worth my 2 hours of cranking my neck at the front row of the theatre. To have a husband who's so sweet, loving and 细心, not just till but even after his last breath is just so out-of-this-world... Maybe I'll get the novel... Catch it while you still can!! (",)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The first comment is a Spam?

Watch the movie too, not too bad but i didn't really like the female lead except the part she was singing at home...

ah 敏 said...

I oso think so, since there is only gibberish on the website?

Bought the book liao, 1st chapter already so different from screenplay =)